Now what happens?
Jail…Fines…Loss of License
If you are arrested for drunk driving …
- You will taken to jail. You will be asked to submit to a breathalyzer test. If the reading is .08 or more you will be detained for at least 8 hours. (Four drinks for a 180-pound person)
- An arraignment will follow. The arraignment will happen either at the jail or in a courtroom. You will have the choice of pleading guilty or not guilty.
- Pleading guilty will result in fines possibly jail, community service and either suspension or revocation of your drivers license.
- Pleading not guilty will give you the opportunity to consult an attorney to review the defense options available.
- Experienced legal representation should be the upper most consideration in selecting an attorney to best represent your interests!
Check out our frequently asked questions section here.
Forty years of legal experience DOES matter! And the professionals at KELLY LAW deliver. Employing good old-fashioned hard work, sound legal reasoning, technical case proficiency, and solid attention to detail, KELLY LAW is the choice for legal representation for thousands of satisfied clients.
Should you need legal representation – you can be sure your case will be handled in a timely, competent and confidential manner. The professional staff at KELLY LAW are careful never to lose sight of the short/long term impact the resolution of a legal dispute will have on the client.
Each KELLY LAW client deserves and receives individual case consideration!
It’s that attitude that has KELLY LAW earning the respect and trust of their clients time and time again!
Contact us here.