Estate Planning and Probate Attorneys serving West Michigan and the Grand Rapids area for over 40 years
The importance of estate planning focuses around protecting the assets you have accumulated during your lifetime, and making sure that those assets are transferred to your heirs in a manner that minimizes tax consequences and preserves the value of your hard work.
Everyone has different goals and the attorneys of Kelly Law Offices, P.C. will work with you to create an estate plan that speaks specifically to your needs and wishes. Some examples of the most common goals include:
- Designating guardians and managing assets through custodianships or trusts to protect minor children.
- Using discretionary trusts and maximizing exemptions to preserve government benefits for elderly or disabled persons.
- Recognizing charitable goals in the most tax friendly way.
- Minimizing, deferring or eliminating death, gift and income taxes.
- Coordinating life insurance and retirement plans with a total estate plan.
- Planning for the orderly transition of a family business.
- Avoiding probate by properly titling assets and utilizing living trusts and durable powers of attorney.
Michael F. Kelly and the attorneys of Kelly Law Offices, P.C. have over 40 years of experience handling estate planning matters and can help you create a plan specific to your individual goals by using the following:
Additionally, the attorneys of Kelly Law Offices, P.C. can assist you with probate litigation matters including:
- Will contests
- Trust litigation
- Claims against the estate
- Administration of decedent’s estates
- Representation of the parent or minor child in guardianships and conservatorships
- Representation of the fiduciary, the incapacitated adult, or the concerned family member in guardianships and conservatorships.
Please contact Kelly Law Offices, P.C. for a free initial consultation.